The TVNP Community Grant is intended to support community organisations in the Tees Valley, which increase participation in nature and/or the outdoors. The primary aim of this funding is to enable small local groups to fund work that other grant schemes might not cover, or to supplement funding from other small grants.
Size of Grants Available
- Grants of up to £2000 are available
- You can hold more than one grant from this fund, up to a maximum of £2000 in one year.
Any questions? We are here to help! Feel free to contact us at any point during your application, or to check your eligibility for the grant. Email: [email protected] Telephone: 01287 636382
Examples of what we can fund:
- New tools or equipment to help with outdoor work in a natural green space.
- Setting up or renewing your website.
- Social media training.
- Contract work to help maintain your green space.
- Materials for events in a green space or to do with the environment.
- Art materials for arts classes or clubs doing work related to nature and the outdoors.
- Training or development.
- Technical or professional expertise e.g. site survey, ecologist report.
Who Can Apply?
- The applicant does not have to be a registered charity.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are a group with a set of rules or constitution. If you don’t have a set of rules, we can provide you with examples from other local groups.
- Applicants must be seeking funding for work within the Tees Valley, if you are unsure whether you are in the Tees Valley boundary please consult the map on this page
- The group applying must have a group bank account with at least two signatories or have separate body in charge of its funds.
- Annual income of the group must be less than £20,000. This may exclude ring fenced project funding. Please contact us for clarification if you are unsure.
- As this fund is to support local groups with an income less than £20,000 we regret we can’t accept applications from schools, school PTA’s, school groups, or work within school grounds.
Closing Date for Applications
Grant applications are reviewed twice a year. The 2020 deadline for completed grant applications is the 11th September. Applicants will receive the grant panel’s decision no later than two weeks after the deadline.
If you would like more information on the TVNP grant scheme, please click on the grant information button then you can download an application form below. Completed applications need to be sent to [email protected] or posted to Margrove Heritage Centre, Margrove Park, Saltburn TS12 3BZ.